BloodChild Assessment

What is your reaction to the text you just read. 

-It was a bit weird, and I don't quite understand if they were human or not. I didn't really understand why they were picking "worms" out of a things stomach, to put it in something else. That led me to believe that they weren't human. The title of the story is "Bloodchild" so I'm assuming the things they were picking from the males stomach were some type of children. But this story seemed inhumane, and alien like. They also spoke strange to one another. As if they were family, but also not really family. Like maybe they hated each other or something.

What connections did you make with this story? Discuss the elements of the work which you were able to connect?

- I think the biggest elements of this story were the process of cutting a male open, and the eggs. The eggs must've been something that aren't actually what we humans consider eggs. Eggs were supposed to make them live longer, and become large. The biggest connection I can make is that these things in the story weren't human, just some sort of alien or even an animal. For some reason the eggs highly benefited these creatures for a reason unknown, and had a deeper connection to the creatures than the story had led on. My biggest question for this story is "what are the beings", I feel like if I would've known more about them, my connections would be more clear and help me understand this passage a bit more than I actually did. I guess there seemed to be a dominant species known as the Tlic. I guess they were running the show, and seemed to be the superiors of the beings. They were probably the doctors or I guess what you call the government. I also felt like the childhood of these beings were put to an end when they become hosts. I guess another connection I can make and as a human can relate to is that these beings are using a host to birth their children. Humans do that when they are unable to do so.

What changes would you make to adapt this story into another medium. What medium would you use, and what changes would you make?

-I think a story so graphic like this one, is better left to a movie medium. I had a hard time picturing all of the things going on in this story, and it would be better as a visual. I also would've have changed the way the story began. It just kind of started, and didn't stop to say what was going on. It was confusing, and I always appreciate a back-story to get a better grip of understanding of the entirety. I just can't quite picture what these things were, and if they were human or not, that's why I believe this would be better as a film.


Comments

Popular Posts