Week Nine: Space Opera: Vintage season

I actually enjoyed this short story very much. I think the best way I could define this novelette is “Lovely”. The writing was just exquisite, and detailed. The way he described the characters, their actions and his surroundings was just plain and simple lovely. I believe this story had several elements of genre. It had science fiction, gothic, romance all bundled up into one little story. I think the gothic comes in by just the tone of this story. It’s not fast pace or exciting, it’s just very smooth and dark feeling, like a secret is being covered up. Realistically a story is being covered up due to the fact that they are time travelers and didn’t want Oliver to know. The romance comes to play when Oliver is interacting with Kleph. Kleph seems to be flirty, and mysterious. She has a perfected lovely vibe to her character. She is smooth and beautiful in her looks, and the way she spoke. It the beginnng it seems like a romance novel between the two even though Oliver did have a fiancée. Lastly the science fiction part is the time travelers. Obviously in our era time traveling isn’t a thing, nor is was it in the century this book was written it. I mean maybe time traveling is real and it’s just covered well, but as far as I know I can’t travel back in time. It’s not real but the author made everything feel real in the story. Even this euphoria tea that Kleph and Oliver had drank together. This whole story was ysteuous but very enjoyable. I would recommend this reading to a fellow peer due to the smoothness of how the authors words danced together.

Comments

Popular Posts